Where art thou?

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Selamat Hari Raya!!!! @ Happy Eid Mubarak!

SELAMAT HARI RAYA EVERYONE! and maaf zahir dan batin. :) so yea, i'm in Lancaster now! seriously, it is FREEZING COLD HERE!!! and the wind. mmg rasa cam akan terbang ar. i think if my sis was here.. she'll b like mary poppins. one of the locals here told me that this is considered warm. WARM?! org dah nak mati beku ni. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW COLD IT'LL GET IN WINTER!!!!!!! by the end of it, i'll be in a block of ice dah. hahaha. (yea i know.. lame isn't it).. hehe. back at the airport, i didn't sheda tear. not a single drop which i was kinda impressed with myself. my two darling bestfriends cried. awwwwwww. terharu i. u girls love me don't u. i know u girls do. i love u both too. anyway, when i was in the aeroplane HA KAU, nangis nonstop kut. all i could think of was my sister and my bestfrens. i switched on some songs to cool myself down, sekali lagu spice girls which made me cry harder cause i sang the songs with em a month back i think at redbox. so i was crying on n off. bila tiba2 mood emo datang. haa banjir la. then cool down. hehe. once we reached heathrow i was completely ok dah. :) spent almost the whole day coming to lancaster. as my parents n i travelled by bus. damn tiring.

my flatmates are frm pakistan. Shamaila n shazi. they knew each other back in college so they're very close. hence, always hanging out together in one of their rooms. which makes me feel left out sometimes. :( but it has only been two days since i've been in uni, i guess it'll soon work out ok. my other flatmate hasn't move in yet. met a few brits here. they're ok. nice peeps. some sombong like that girl who lives on the ground floor. BAPAK AR SOMBONG. hmph. there's an Italian guy living in my house as well. side view - GOOD. front view-alamak. HEHEHHE. most girls here wear short skirts and sometimes sleeveless. maybe byk lemak kut yg keep them warm. tapi tgk some tak chubby pun. used to it i guess. met a few other malaysians here. one frm sarawak,nana. very nice girl. had breakfast with her today. made her waffles but hangus and it was really hard. she said it's like eating biskut. i told her, that's ur first biskut raya here in lancaster. huhuhu. hey, it was my first time using that toaster oven. trial n error lah kan. made sausages n ate samosa. another would be nadia. jr. back in primary, been hanging around with her a lot. met luqman (kyuem jr.) n syakir (kmb@fadhil's n yahya's ex-schoolmate) today. pergi beraya rumah postgrads with them as well. oh oh! met an indonesian boy. cute cute. HAHAHA. can't really spell out his name tho.

neway, right now i am waiting for my personal tutor to come n meet my flatmates n gonna ask her stuff about my subjects. gonna need to pass up the enrolment form tomorrow morning. STRESS thinking about it. thought i blogged for awhile. oh yea, all of ya might not understand the concept of my house here. a building is called a house. mine is called Fence (the name of the house). and there are 3 floors. i'm on the 2nd floor. and each floor there'll be 2 flats. each flat will lead to 4 bedrooms n a kitchen. :) all the houses will belong to a college. my college is called Pendle. our mascot's the Witch. COOL GILA OK. missed out on the Witches n Wizards campus bar crawl. tak sempat beli costume plus tgh bulan puasa kan. but that's ok. ada byk lagi masa, so takper.

Hari ini Hari Raya tapi tak rasa cam raya. kenapa??? i didn't get to smell the nice smell of rendang daging n ketupat. tak dapat dgr takbir raya early in the morning. tak dapat bgn pagi tgk semua org siap2 lawa2. diri-sendiri tak dpt nak pakai baju raya lawa2 tetapi memakai baju tebal2 untuk meredah angin yg kuat dan sejuk. instead of seeing n spending time with ibu bapa tersayang, i had to say goodbye to them. pastu banjir. hehe. typical me. spent raya morning pergi dgr talk. FOR THE FIRST TIME, IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE RAYA. :'( haven't had a decent raya since form 5. form 5. sibuk SPM. then trials kolej. then final exam. and now in UK. huhuhu. what to do. kan? I WIL SURVIVE! I WILL SURVIVE! sing with me! ;)

i'll put up pictures in the next post. just a few. the rest can be seen in facebook later on. :)

1 comment:

Twiggy said...

Selamat Hari Yaya!! :D

Miss you a lot adik. Raya is just not the same without you, mama n papa. I takde geng nak bergossip.. Spent whole day with Adam's family kat rumah one of his aunt's. Memang riuh.

Take good care k. Pakai baju tebal tebal! And donch worry, you'll make great friends in no time (like you always do) :)

Love,
Chor