Where art thou?

Sunday 1 February 2009

the heartbeat of DOT and the urge of going back home..

first and foremost! the only thing that's making me happy for now: i'm now referring to my future niece/nephew as Dot. i've been calling him or her Dot. hehehe. everytime i email my sister, i'll go hello CHor and Dot!!! yesterday, my sister sent me an email and there was a video attached. it was a video of the scanning thingy.. i dunno what it's actually called. anyhoo, my bro-in-law recorded it. So i saw DOT!!! there was blue/red bleeping lights and my sister said that that's Dot's Heart!!!!!!! and then there was the sound of the heart beat!!! it was so loud and quite fast too!!! i guess it's excited as the family is!!! :D i was sooo happy that it got me all teary! hahahah. i really i wish i was back home right now. i want to be with my sister!!! dang.. haih. plus with this freaking cold weather.. i really wanna be back in malaysia. life crisis.. hmph.

things driving me insane: it feels like there's no more weekend for me. there's always some assignment to work on every week. it's really got me stressed out. my group for my stats subject doesn't seem to be interested in getting the work done. no one seem to care. i had to gather on which day they're free to do the group meeting with the tutor. it's so frustrating when u're apart of a group like this. and i want to get good grades, there's no choice. urgh. one of my subjects seems to be kinda tough. there's so many calculations n numbers. it's confusing! there are 2 presentations coming up. 2 group projects. one essay. WHAT ELSE?! i've said it before and i'll say it again.. IT'S SOOO COLD. it's soooooo windy.

a nice break for a day: went to CNY celebration last friday held by the Chinese Students' Association. so weird to watch the mat salleh's doing the lion dance. tak best langsung. hahaha. can't beat the ones i watched in malaysia. there was a fshion show.. models wore traditional Chinese costume. kinda cool. the week before i went to Stephen & Apple's house for CNY. they're such a nice couple. they have a baby boy named Branson who kinda reminds me of doughboy! hehe.

happy event: Last WEdnesday, i went to primary school to do my volunteering project. was fun. had to give a bit info about Africa. the kids were 10 years old. they had to make tribal masks! well, me n the other volunteers had to make some as well which turned out kinda cool! :p (self-praise). talked about the problems in africa and what can we do to help. the kids will be coming over to do their performance in mid feb together with other primary schools who will be doing on Japan, South America and i can't remember the other country... CHina maybe?.. hmm. can't wait 2 watch them perform!

a tiny frustration: Yesterday, i went to the Palestine Charity Dinner held by LUMSS. my friends n i had to help decorate the hall. i made letterings but it was no use cause it couldn't stick to the curtain. a waste of time really, i could have helped my friends in other stuff instead of doing those letterings. but oh well, what's done is done. the letterings can be used for other things i hope.

issues: u know some people don't really care if u have a lot of work to do or not don't they. there's this person, who's kinda like the boss. and well, i've got a lot of assignments to do as been told up there in this post. but he kept pestering me to do what i'm suppose to be doing for the club. i have to make a report and another thing. he's not even a student and he wouldn't understand the stress level going on. everytime he sees my face or my friend's he'll ask about whether we've done our work or not. like what the hell. maybe u should ask how we're doing instead of just "so dah habis dah assignment? nanti nak ada meeting. siapkan la bla bla bla bla". ingat org takder kerja lain ke??! my frens & i treat him like an older brother. we can kacau2 him. BUT because he IS older than us. kena la respect sket kan. but seriously man, we know lar we have to do our job but pikir la, kitorang ada assignments lagi. especially me, being the one who gets stressed out damn easily.

damn, i really need to calm myself down sometimes. dunno why i get so stressed out so easily. there's no break till easter. it'll be work work work. sometimes i feel stupid talking to some people cause they talk about some intellectual issues. how on earth do they know all this stuff? READ. yea, have to blame myself for not reading a lot then.

why am i not happy after writing all these gibberish down. one big awan kumulonimbus above my head now. think i better listen to some music and get started with my assignments. till then. I MISS U CHOR!!!! :'(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG it's so cute that your calling the baby DOT! Comelllllll... eh another potential aunty name!! Aunty Dot! Errkkhh.. tak best la pulak.

Twiggy said...

aww adik, i miss you too!!! don't worry, you'll get through this, i know you will!!

Liyana said...

soraya!!!! glad to hear the good news!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa